Rules for the presentation and delivery oh the PhD thesis
According to the n.º 31 of the Regulation of Postgraduate Studies of the Universidade de Lisboa (in Portuguese)
- The cover of the thesis should include: the name of the University of Lisbon and the Faculty of Pharmacy; the thesis title; the reference to “Documento Provisório”; the main scientific area and, if applicable, the corresponding specialty; the student’s name; the supervisor(s)’ name(s); the year of completion; a reference that the thesis it is a document for the award of a PhD degree; the name of the partner institutions, whenever the degrees are awarded in association;
- The front page should be identical to the cover and may mention collaborations and funding support;
- The thesis should have the abstracts in Portuguese and any other EU official language (300 words each, max), the keywords in Portuguese and any other EU official language (up to 5 keywords) and the tables of contents;
- When the thesis is written in a foreign language, an abstract written in Portuguese should be also submitted (1200 to 1500 words);
- There are no restrictions regarding the formatting (font, size or number of pages).
Thesis Cover Template
The front page should be identical to the cover, and may mention collaborations and funding support
Submission Process for the PhD examination
- Send the following documentation by email to Postgraduate Studies Office until 15th of each month:
- Application for admission to PhD examination;
- Thesis in PDF format with mention of Documento Provisório on the cover;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Supervisor(s)’ statement on the conformity of the thesis to be submitted to examination, with the agreement of the President of the Department;
- Jury Proposal (indicating complete name, category and institutional address and e-mail);
- Thesis Cover in PDF
- Library release declaration;
- Embargo declaration, if applicable.
All the documents mentioned above must be sent in PDF format and duly signed.
- Pay the examination admission fee: 500 €
Note: the student can only submit this request if he has no debts with FFULisboa.
For a confidencial thesis, specific regulation should be followed.
The student has 30 working days after the PhD Examination or after the confirmation by the President of the Jury of the introduction of the corrections requested to deliver the final thesis., respecting the template for the cover and the front page.
On that date, it should be deliver:
- 3 copies of the final thesis in paper;
- 1 copy of the final thesis in format digital ( USB storage device).
Extension of deadline for thesis submission
According to the current legislation, students can request an extension period of 6 months, with exemption from tuition fees, to postpone the delivery of the thesis. After this deadline, students are obliged to pay the annual tuition fee of 1.500 €, in installment of 375 €, paid every 3 months, until the date of delivery of the thesis.
Send the following documentation by email to Postgraduate Studies Office in PDF format and duly signed:
- Application (written request) for extension of deadline of thesis;
- Statement of the supervisor and co-supervisor(s), with the detailed justification regarding the need to extend the thesis submission.