This unit aims to teach and to transfer competence to the student in order to:
- To identify pathological conditions and differentiate malignant from nonmalignant hematological disease .
- Understand the importance of preanalytical phase in the obtained
- Learn to interpret correctly cytograms and histograms of normal and pathological bloods and correlate the data with the morphological
- Get interpret haematological parameters, depending on the patient’s medical history and correlate them with those from other analytical laboratory areas
- Understand the principle of the different techniques used and learn to adapt them to the study of the diseases and , also , the importance of knowledge of the mechanisms underlying the disease, in order to develop accurate diagnoses and develop new, more specific molecular targets .
- Be cautious in providing doubtful results and get a sense of the urgency of getting some data.