Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal. With more than 20 centuries of history, Lisbon is situated on seven hills, with the river Tagus as a backdrop. The beauty and architectural singularity of the Portuguese capital are acclaimed across borders. In Lisbon the historical and the modern coexist at each corner, showing the coexistence of different cultures, trends and lifestyles.
Considered as Erasmus city, Lisbon is in the top of international student selection, providing exceptional conditions to experience unique experiences. Here are some reasons to study in Lisbon:
- ULisboa is the largest University of Portugal and offers the best and most diversified training offer.
Europe’s safest capital.
- Multicultural city.
- Over 3,000 hours of sunshine per year.
- Hospitable city.
- Gastronomy / Cuisine with unique flavors.
- Rich in monuments, typical neighborhoods (Baixa Pombalina, Belém, Bairro Alto, Chiado, Bica, Alfama and Mouraria), riverside area, Fado houses, parks, gardens and belvederes.
- Beaches, sea, waves … nautical activities.
- Unique experience of university experience.
Learn more about studying in Lisbon